St Thomas Aquinas Parish School was opened in 1921 with a total school enrolment of 24 students in the old church building located on the corner of Hawkesbury and Macquarie Road, Springwood.
By 1962, enrolment had increased to 187 students and a new school building was erected on the Hawkesbury Road frontage.
The Sisters of St Joseph taught at the school until 1976, when the first lay principal was appointed.
The first stage of the new St Thomas Aquinas Primary was opened on its current location in 1982.
Seven new classrooms, an administration block and library were completed in 2001.